How effective your colostrum management programme is will affect disease, death and productivity on your farm. Come and learn how to make the most out of colostrum and your calves.
Join Oliver for our next lunch and learn session on Wednesday 6th June.
This session will cover:
· Analysis Why is colostrum so important?
· What affects colostrum quality and what you can do about it?
· Measuring colostrum quality using a colostrometer and brix refractometer, what the results mean and what to do with them?
· How much colostrum to feed and options for feeding it?
· How to use an oesophageal feeder to give colostrum?
· How quickly to give colostrum and why?
· Effective handling and storage of colostrum including refrigeration / freezing and thawing.
· Monitoring success of your colostrum management with a comparison of your current data.
£45 + vat pp, additional team members will be charged at £10 +vat
This meeting will be held from 11am – 2pm and lunch will be provided.
Booking is essential, please book your place by Friday 1st June.
Call the office or email: email@example.com