News & Events
Small Animal Practice Update 20.03.20
20 Mar 2020
We are trying to respond to the situation day by day with our ultimate intention to ensure we maintain a service to treat poorly pets as a very minimum. As such, as of 23rd March 2020 we will change the way we are working to try and minimise risks to our team and clients.
From Monday 23rd March our veterinary team will be split across our two sites of Shepton Mallet and Wells. Phone calls made to either practice will ring in both receptions, and so may be answered in either Shepton or Wells. For patients requiring treatment we will endeavour to find you a suitable appointment slot whether that is in Shepton or Wells.
We have taken this step for multiple reasons. Firstly we wish to spread work between the practices, and throughout the day, in order to minimise waiting and aide social distancing.
Equally by maintaining two teams of veterinary staff, who will be physically isolated from one another, we hope to do our best to maintain a healthy working veterinary team that can be here to treat our patients – whether in Shepton or Wells.
In addition to this we are obviously maintaining all of our previous measures to help mitigate risk as below:
- Firstly, please do not visit the practice if you are feeling unwell, please give us a call to discuss your requirements; we have a number of options available to help, depending on your situation.
- Appointments are currently available as normal, please wash you hands as you come into the practice.
- Please can we ask reduce the number in your party when visiting the vets, and we will ask only 1 person to come into the consultation room.
- If you would like to wait in your car before your appointment, please let the reception team know, and we can call you in or see your pet in your car if this is appropriate.
- Please can we ask you to pay by card, instead of cash to help reduce the need for the reception team to handle cash.
- When requesting repeat medicines or food, please allow a few extra days for ordering. There is no need to bulk buy at this time, but try not to leave it until your last item before re-ordering. Please make sure you collect any items ordered as soon as possible.
- We are also looking at additional ways we can offer services, as the situation changes, so please don’t be concerned; we will be here to help keep your pets healthy.
10 Jun 2020
As we all strive to continue to adjust to the ongoing social distancing...
15 May 2020
Over the last six weeks of lockdown we’ve had to make some...
13 Apr 2020
E-Consultations are now available for small animal consults - click here to...
8 Apr 2020
There have been no reliable reports that our pets can become infected...
3 Apr 2020
Due to the current climate with COVID-19; our opening hours have...
24 Mar 2020
COVID-19 UPDATE - PRACTICE CHANGES
In these unusual and uncertain...
20 Mar 2020
We are trying to respond to the situation day by day with our ultimate...
13 Mar 2020
We understand this is a worrying time for us all, so we wanted to...
9 Mar 2020
Ectoparasites Meeting: Wednesday 1st April at 7pm
Join Bibby for...
10 Feb 2020
Dairy Herdspersons Certificate:22nd & 23rd April 2020
6 Feb 2020
Looking for hands on, practical farmer training?
30 Dec 2019
Join Kate and Bibby for our next Practical Lambing Workshop.
13 Oct 2019
Our branch surgery Wells Vets are celebrating their 1st Birthday...
10 Oct 2019
This weekend's opening hours will be different than normal; as...