News & Events
Update 5th November - we'll be there for you.
5 Nov 2020
As we go into our 2nd lockdown, we would like to remind you that we will still be here for your pets. We will continue to provide most of our services, keeping us all as safe as possible by admitting patients from our car park.
Restrictions to veterinary services are not as severe as earlier in the year, so vaccinations, neutering and dentals will still be available. We will be delaying some appointments that can wait until after lockdown, such as routine nail clipping and weight checks with our nurses.
Please try not to worry about your pet, we are well trained at caring for your pets, and they get lots of extra fuss and attention while we treat them. If your pet is nervous about visiting the practice, let us know when making your appointment and your vet will be able to manage this, depending on the specific needs of your pet.
- Booster vaccinations appointments are available from both Shepton and Wells sites – if your pet is due, please don’t put the appointment off, just give us a call so we can address any concerns you may have.
- Please try not to arrive too early for your appointment, we are unable to see you earlier than your booked appointment time, and may be running later than normal depending on emergencies; we always strive to see you on time, but please be patient if you have to wait longer than usual.
- Please wear a mask when entering our building and remember to maintain social distancing in our car park, ideally wait in your car, especially during busy periods.
- You will notice on your arrival we have some new shelters going up outside – these are to provide you with some protection when discussing your pets treatment with your vet or nurse. Please do not wait in them, unless you have been advised by your vet.
- On arrival please pop into the entrance lobby and let our reception team know you have arrived, and then return to your car to wait for your vet / nurse.
- Please do not wait in the lobby area; we are running a one in, one out policy in this area.
- We will be receiving medicine and food deliveries as normal, so please only order what you need. Repeat medicine and food requests can be ordered online – follow the link on the homepage of our website. If you need to phone in your request, please call after 9am each day and allow 24 hours before collection.
- Please remember to call the practice first to book all appointments, advise on an emergency or order any items before turning up.
- If you are calling for routine appointments, general advice, or any other non emergency related query, please can we ask you to call after 9am. We aim to keep our line free for emergencies (like Doctor’s surgeries) from 8am - 9am each morning.
- Please refrain from visiting the practice if you are unwell, or having to isolate due to being in contact with a confirmed case. If your pet is poorly and needs treating please call us so we discuss your situation and provide a safe and secure solution
- Please remain patience with our team; we are all working hard to keep your pets healthy, and yourselves and our team safe.
Our opening hours in Shepton are:
Monday, Wednesday & Friday 8am - 6pm / Tuesday & Thursday: 8am – 7pm / Saturday: 8am – 4pm
Sunday: Poorly pets clinic (for pets that are sick and cannot wait until the next day) is by appointment only from 9.30am -11am.
Wells is open 8am - 6pm Monday - Friday
Stay safe and well.
From the team at Shepton & Wells Vets
5 Nov 2020
As we go into our 2nd lockdown, we would like to remind you that...
1 Oct 2020
Online Mastering Medicines Training
We are please to be able to...
10 Jun 2020
As we all strive to continue to adjust to the ongoing social distancing...
15 May 2020
Over the last six weeks of lockdown we’ve had to make some...
13 Apr 2020
E-Consultations are now available for small animal consults - click here to...
8 Apr 2020
There have been no reliable reports that our pets can become infected...
3 Apr 2020
Due to the current climate with COVID-19; our opening hours have...
24 Mar 2020
COVID-19 UPDATE - PRACTICE CHANGES
In these unusual and uncertain...
20 Mar 2020
We are trying to respond to the situation day by day with our ultimate...
13 Mar 2020
We understand this is a worrying time for us all, so we wanted to...
9 Mar 2020
Ectoparasites Meeting: Wednesday 1st April at 7pm
Join Bibby for...
6 Feb 2020
Looking for hands on, practical farmer training?
30 Dec 2019
Join Kate and Bibby for our next Practical Lambing Workshop.