Vech Tech Required
Do you have dairy/cattle experience and looking for a new challenge?
We are looking for an enthusiastic and motivated individual to work as part of the Large Animal Team delivering our well-established veterinary technician service.
Tasks include, but are not exclusive to, vaccination, mobility and body condition scoring and dis-budding across our client base. The right person will also need good IT skills, be innovative and have the potential to develop and expand the services on offer.
Work will be based from our purpose-built practice in Shepton Mallet. We offer a competitive salary, training and the opportunity to work within a progressive and supportive team.
For further information or to apply for the position please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01749 341761.
Deadline for application is Wednesday 28th March 2018
Farm Vet Required
Are you the farm vet for us?
Would you like to be part of a fun and professional team in mid-Somerset?
We are looking for a vet to join our farm team, in a busy and varied clinical role. You will be part of a young enthusiastic and progressive farm animal team. You need to be a motivated and dedicated team player prepared to deliver the full range of farm services, including TB testing, to our predominantly dairy practice, covering 50,000 cattle. Great client care essential to build further our strong client and community bonds. Work is from our purpose built premises in a beautiful area, only 20 miles to Bath & Bristol.
A competitive salary, full training and CPD allowance, a supportive team, and a well equipped practice ensure fantastic job satisfaction and a great work-life balance.
All available to the right match!
Interested? Contact Sharon Lane-Kieltyka on: 01749 343955 or Sharon.email@example.com
Farm Vet Job Description
- Meet varied clinical workload, including TB testing
- Good practical skills and willing to train in new skills
- A self motivated team player, excellent communication skills and dedicated to client care
- Be able to establish a great working relationship with our dairy clients, and our vet and support practice team
- Someone who wants to specialise in dairy work, and looking to deliver excellence
- Want to develop initiatives and help grow and develop themselves and the practice
- Backup and training provided for less experienced vets
Large animal department
- 12 farm vets ~ 10 dairy, 2 TB testing vets
- Predominantly dairy work; 40,000 cattle
- Purpose built single site vet clinic
- Most in 12 mile radius
- Routine visits established for 90% dairy farms
- Herd health and advisory work established
- Beef (suckler herds, calf rearers) work moderate; 10,000 cattle
- Expanding Smallholders service (sheep, camelids, pigs and chickens)
- Almost no equine work
Our skill set and equipment
- Vets with particular interests – fertility, nutrition, calf rearing, dairy herd production, infectious disease, bull testing, TB, block calving, robots.
- Vet Technician service – disbudding, vaccination, mobility scoring.
- In-house Bureau service – InterHerd
- TOYS! (Easi-Scan Scanners, VaDia Milking machine testing equipment, Endoscopes for LDA correction, Bull semen testing equipment, Delaval DCC cell count tester Penn State Separator, dehydrator. misco digital refractometer, InterHerd and InterHerd+, Uniform)
- Interherd bureau, with benchmarking meetings
- Medicine and other trial work
- Consultancy work to major retailer
- 3 Post Grad qualifications (CertCHP, DBR, Cert DHH)
- Discussion group, farmer meetings and farm walks
- Monthly newsletter
- Monthly LA vets clinical club
- Farmer training in AI & foot trimming
- Bristol University farm track students and EMS students
- Agricultural College training
- Vet CPD delivery in fertility and calf health
Out of hours
- OOH phones via call centre and text.
- Typically one night on call in week and one weekend in 4 (first and second on call)
- Two TB testers
- Member practice since establishment
- We are committed to being an independently-owned progressive veterinary practice, with the advantage of being part of the wider community of XLVets.
- We share the XLVets vision that by working together we can achieve so much more.
- To make this happen practices need to be led by their owners locally, and with their feet (and ears) on the ground.
- At Shepton all decision-making, is veterinary led and in the hands of the people who work within our practice. This allows us to respond more rapidly to, client needs and local issues and support our staff in developing ideas for the future of the practice
- As part of XLVets we work collaboratively, share knowledge, experience and skills, and we strive to achieve excellence in veterinary practice.
- For example, we have shared our skills and experience in training, such as AI courses and cattle handling skills for foreign farm workers, with other XLVets practices.
- We have also learnt from others experience with medicines monitoring to respond to industry pressures on antibiotic use and AMR.
- XLVets acts as a buying group allowing us to source, and price, medicines competitively, as well as to identify the best value medicines and approaches.
Shepton Mallet, Somerset
- Situated in beautiful picturesque Somerset
- Shepton Mallet is a town of 9,000
- Near to tourist town of Wells; 45 minutes to Bath and Bristol
- Mendip Hills AONB for potholing, climbing and walking
- Plenty of local sports clubs including rugby, hockey, tennis and running
- 30 minutes to Bristol Airport; two hours to London by train
- Europe’s largest music Festival (Glastonbury)
- Good schools
- Opportunity for a great work-life balance.
To apply for this position, please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with covering letter. For further information or an informal chat ring Paddy Gordon on 07967 364277.
TB Tester Required
We are looking for a TB tester to join our farm team. This is a great opportunity to work for an expanding independent practice working in Somerset.
Our farm team offer the highest standards of service. We have three TB testers in our 14 vet team. Good practical and communication skills as important as experience; we can provide training to the right candidate.
Come and meet our friendly team in a great place to live. Please send in your CV along with a covering letter by 1st March to Sharon.email@example.com.