Our farm newsletter is now digital - if you would like to subscribe to our Dairy Newsletter - click here to sign up.
To view previous editions of our newsletter, click on the links below
- August 2022 Newsletter read about our Centenary "Tour de Yorkshire" as well as how to spot and manage heat stress in ruminants
- July 2022 Newsletter it's time to schedule your Johnes reviews plus read about parasite control during the summer and an interesting case study on managing abscesses
- June 2022 Newsletter includes an update on CHECS TB Accreditation, a review of recent postmortem examinations and a calving cow management case study
- May 2022 Newsletter read about parasite monitoring and our new Worm Egg Count club, as well as some interesting surgical cases and our Centenary Cycle Challenge!
- April 2022 Newsletter includes a summary of our Johnes discussion group meeting and news about some exciting upcoming centenary celebrations
- March 2022 Newsletter our new look newsletter with updates on our young stock service, some interesting recent surgical procedures and a summary of our parasite control discussion group
- February 2022 Newsletter read all about our first ever Young Farmers Club Veterinary Rally, our disbudding and BVD Youngstock Screening services as well as dates for all our upcoming training courses
- Shepton Talking Beef February Newsletter insightful articles about trace element profiling in your beef herd, how Red Tractor Changes impact on your Herd Health Plan and a reminder about administering Bovigen Scour vaccine
- Shepton Talking Sheep January Newsletter full of great lambing information
- January 2022 Newletter covering Centenary celebrations, herdsperson course round-up and important medicine updates
- December 2021 Newsletter featuring information about pneumonia in calves, AI course round-up and director changes
- Shepton Talking Sheep November Newsletter Top tips for managing fluke, planning ahead for lambing by utilising scanning information.
- November 2021 Edition jam packed newsletter including a dairy show round up, case studies, cattle worming and upcoming dates for your diary.
- October 2021 Edition featuring details about Johnes, liver fluke in cattle, the Pilton Discussion Group and upcoming training courses.
- September 2021 Edition featuring details of the South West Dairy Show, CHECS TB update and upcoming training courses.
- August 2021 Edition featuring information about our upcoming training courses, 10 top tips from Lottie on making calvings straightforward and information about semen analysis services offered by Shepton vets.
- July 2021 Edition featuring Emily's adventues in bovine obstetrics, New calving course with Lottie, Vet Tech roundup, medicine update and more
- June 2021 Edition featuring Infectious Disease pre-purchase checks, Pica in Cattle, environmental schemes on farm, CHECS TB entry level membership and more
- May 2021 Edition featuring our new post mortem service being run by Rosie and a reminder about the importance of controlling cryptosporidium on farm, plus much , much more!
- April 2021 Edition featuring reducing the risks of LDAs at turnout, using sexed semen to boost income from calf sales, and new team members.
- March 2021 Edition featuring Bovine Ischaemic Teat Necrosis, Red Tractor Medicine Training reminder and new Vet Tech Jade.
- February 2021 Edition featuring new dates for MilkSure, Lambing and Mastering Medicines Training, and a new TB study from SureFarm.
- January 2021 Edition featuring planning for turnout, Surrey University students start their placements and Gamma Testing.
- December 2020 Edition featuring adult pneumonia case study, farm office re-opening on Saturday mornings and January Vaccine promotions.
- November 2020 Edition featuring Medicines update, calf scour, new lameness pain relief and mobility scoring.
- October 2020 Edition featuring welcome back Anna, infectious disease control and new medicine training dates.
- September 2020 Edition featuring Rodmore Farm milk station, lameness advice, tackling lungworm, pharmacy update and team training offer.